|COMPOSITION (SEE TERMS OF REFERENCE)||
|Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic), or delegate, Chair, ex officio||Professor Fabrice Labeau (delegate)|
|Trenholme Dean of Libraries, ex officio||Professor Guylaine Beaudry|
|Chairs of Library Advisory Committees||Professor Fernando Altamura (Macdonald Campus Library) - 2024|
|Professor Khalid Medani - 2024|
|Professor Michael Fronda (Humanities and Social Sciences Library)|
|Professor Genevieve Saumier (Nahum Gelber Law Library)|
|Professor Julie Cumming (Marvin Duchow Music Library)|
|TBD (Schulich Library of Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Engineering)|
|Three faculty members appointed by Senate||Professor René Provost (LAW) - 2024|
|Professor Miltiades Paliouras (Research, FMHS) - 2025|
|Professor Elizabeth Elbourne (History and Classical Studies, ARTS) - 2026|
|Two librarians appointed by Senate||Ms. Natalie Waters (Head librarian, Schulich Library of Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Engineering, LIBRARIES) – 2024|
|Mr. Joseph Hafner (Associate Dean, Collection Services, LIBRARIES) - 2025|
|One administrative and support staff member from the University Libraries appointed by Senate||Mr. Carlo Della Motta (Library Supervisor, Humanities and Social Sciences Library, LIBRARIES) - 2026|
|Two Undergraduate Students||Muhammad Saif Qureshi (Engineering)|
|Kiran Singh (Arts)|
|One Graduate Student||TBD|
|One Macdonald Campus Student||Blake Callan|
|One Continuing Studies Student||Isabelle St-Arneault|
|Committee Secretary||Ms. Natalie Phillips-Elgar|
Terms of Reference
The Committee on Libraries is a Standing Committee of Senate with the following specific areas of responsibility.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
The Committee shall:
- Recommend to Senate, as appropriate, broad policies concerning the Library in support of the University’s strategic plans and academic priorities.
- Review and advise on planning documents and reports as they relate to the Library and advise Senate and others, as appropriate, on library and information service developments which are of academic significance to the University.
- Review resource allocation policies as they relate to the Library’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate and advise on communication between the University community and the Library.
- Meet at least twice per semester during the academic year and submit an annual report to Senate.
The Provost (or delegate), Chair
The Trenholme Dean of Libraries
Chairs of the Library Advisory Committees (including Macdonald campus)
Three faculty members appointed by Senate on the recommendation of the Senate Nominating Committee
Two librarians appointed by Senate on the recommendation of the Senate Nominating Committee
One administrative and support staff member from the University Libraries appointed by Senate on the recommendation of the Senate Nominating Committee
Two undergraduate students
One graduate student
One Continuing Education student
One student representative of Macdonald Campus