The Advisory Committee shall liaise with and advise the University’s senior administration on COVID-related decisions affecting academic planning and policies, and how such decisions can be most effectively communicated and implemented.
The Advisory Committee shall meet weekly throughout AY2021/22 and shall report to Senate throughout AY2021/22 through a standing agenda item for information.
The Advisory Committee can solicit and receive feedback on matters within its mandate from members of the McGill community and will respond to this through the University Senate.
- The Associate Provost (Teaching and Academic Programs) (Co-chair)
- The Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) (Co-chair)
- The Director of Teaching and Learning Services
- Three members of the academic staff:
- two Senators, one of whom is nominated by MAUT
- one who is a scientist with expertise in the field of epidemiology and public health
- One Senator who is a member of the administrative and support staff
- Two Senators who are students, one graduate and one undergraduate
Resource Person: Registrar & Executive Director of Enrolment Services
Source: Senate Minute 3, October 4, 2021
Ex officio members
- Professor Christopher Buddle, Associate Provost (Teaching and Academic Programs) (Co-chair)
- Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) (Co-chair)
- Dr. Laura Winer, Director of Teaching and Learning Services
Three members of the academic staff:
- Professor Petra Rohrbach (AES representative on Senate)
- Professor Daniel Weinstock (Arts representative on Senate; nominated by MAUT)
- Professor Rebecca Fuhrer (Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health/School of Population and Global Health)
Administrative and support staff representative on Senate:
- Ms. Nancy Czemmel (Manager of Student Services, Schulich School of Music)
- Ms. Jennifer Chen (Graduate student Senator)
- Ms. Claire Downie (Undergraduate student Senator)
Resource Person: Ms. Gillian Nycum, Registrar & Executive Director of Enrolment Services
If you have any questions about the work of the Ad Hoc Academic Planning Committee, please do not hesitate to contact us at Covidadhoc [at] mcgill.ca.