After a financially difficult season, McGill Sailing is looking to repair and refurbish its fleet of 420 sailboats to remain competitive in the Canadian and New England racing circuits and ensure the safety of our sailors.
With your support, we can:
- Replace unsafe equipment, including shrouds and forestays.
- Repair key hardware, such as goosenecks.
- Upkeep and invest in shared team sailing gear.
After a challenging season, the McGill Sailing Team is looking to reclaim its position as the top university sailing team in Canada. Maintaining and replacing damaged equipment is essential to sustaining a competitive fleet and ensuring the safety of our sailors. Therefore, we are proposing a reconditioning to get our boats in racing condition.
We need your support to help replace unsafe boat parts such as shrouds, forestays (essential mast support), and lines, and to repair goosenecks, which hold the boom and mast together. The strong winds and wavy conditions in which we often train and compete present a risk due to the possibility of equipment failure. Moreover, boat maintenance is key to ensuring a competitive training environment in which our sailors can prepare for regattas against the best teams in North America. We must also match industry and safety standards to keep our current and future sailors safe. These standards must also be met as they are important to other schools looking to compete in the regattas we host.
The COVID-19 pandemic has considerably impacted our team’s finances. We hope you will join this effort to help us recondition our fleet, not only to ensure our sailors’ safety but to maintain our competitive ability.
- Electrical Engineering
- Project Lead and Team ambassador.
- I know who Banksy is.
- I’m really good at headstands and I'm allergic to toothpaste
- International Business and Strategic Management
- Treasurer and Team ambassador.
- I have an abnormally sensitive nose and used to do springboard diving
- Gender, Sexuality, Feminist, and Social Justice Studies, and Religious Studies.
- Responsible for circulating campaign on social media and email.
- I like to incorporate tofu into every dish I eat
- International Development Studies
- Team Ambassador
- I have raced against Olympic Nordic skiers 3 times, I am also missing 3 toes
- Materials Engineering
- Project Lead and Team Ambassador
- I went sailing for the first time at 6 months old