Help the McGill Figure Skating Team’s student-athletes continue to be contenders on the competitive Ontario University Athletics (OUA) circuit and be part of an uplifting community at an affordable cost.
With your help, we can:
- Subsidize annual fees for competitive team members
- Rent more ice-time when needed, and access more one-on-one time with coaches
- Travel throughout Ontario to represent McGill at OUA invitational competitions
The McGill Figure Skating team is a student-run competitive skating club. Our athletes and executive members work extremely hard to ensure the stability and success of our team. We train nearly every day, organize and participate in fundraisers, compete two to three times a year, perform two shows for the public, and handle many other responsibilities required to excel as a student-run Athletics club. Our most recent accomplishments include winning bronze at the OUA 2019 Fall Invitational Competition at Carleton University, and placing 4th overall with four individual event medals at the OUA 2020 Winter Invitational Competition in London, Ontario.
We need your support to help keep our team on the ice. Your gift will help us offset the annual fees to lighten the financial burden on our team members. Contributions will also help secure as much time as possible with outstanding coaches who can help us to hone our skills.
We are very passionate about figure skating and are motivated to keep improving as both individual athletes and as a unified team. Although balancing athletic demands with full-time academics can be challenging, we feel extremely fortunate to be a part of such an uplifting community that offers a sense of belonging to many of us who are living away from home. Your support will benefit us immensely!
- Team Captain; I manage the team through the scheduling and facilitation of on and off ice training programs as well as the organization of competitions, shows, and fundraisers.
- Fun fact: I did professional skating shows on a cruise ship all around Asia!
- Team Captain; I oversee team operations, including scheduling practices, organizing competition delegations, and planning our skating shows.
- Fun fact: I was voted “best smile” in high school.
- Biology and Pharmacology
- Role: Vice President External Affairs; organizing crowdfunding campaigns, promotion, and social events to facilitate team bonding on and off the ice.
- Fun fact: my arms are shorter-than-average for a person my height.
- VP Finance; Setting our fundraising goal and encouraging the team through the duration of the campaign.
- Fun fact: my arms are longer-than-average for a person my height.