Help Les Muses Chorale show the greater Montreal community the beauty and power of classical and contemporary choral music by sharing virtual events and performances.
With your support, we aim to:
- Achieve artistic excellence through choral music and encourage women’s art production, empowerment, and leadership
- Complete four music mosaics to show the community various genres of choral music from Canadian and international composers
- Maintain choral activities throughout and beyond McGill University
Dedicated to achieving artistic excellence through choral music, Les Muses Chorale is a choral ensemble composed of McGill students, alumni, and visiting university students for soprano and alto voices. Each year, we strive to actively contribute to the Montreal music community.
By supporting our Seeds of Change campaign, you will help us maintain our activities despite the University building closures and fulfill our commitment to help local musicians by continuing to fairly pay the professionals we hire, including our accompanists and artistic director, thus supporting careers in the arts.
One of our key goals is to share our passion for choral music and enlighten the community to the stylistic and linguistic diversity offered by composers from around the world. Due to the current pandemic, we have had to adjust various aspects of events to become virtual. Our adaptation to online performances has allowed us to expand our audience beyond Montreal to anyone who has online access. We hope to continue this level of engagement with our extended outreach in the coming years.
Any support you can offer Les Muses Chorale will help us continue our mission of shaping female artists and sharing beautiful music with the community!
- Urban Systems Geography, Cognitive Science
- President of Les Muses Chorale
- I’ve been a member of the choir for all four of my undergraduate years at McGill!
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- VP Finance of Les Muses Chorale
- I’ve been a member of the choir for two years!