In accordance with section 7.37 of the Regulations Relating to the Employment of Tenure Track and Tenured Academic Staff, meetings are planned during the fall term of each academic year for the tenure candidates, members of faculty University Committees (UTCs), Departmental Tenure Committees (DTCs) and University Tenure Committees for Retention (UTCRs), and other interested parties, in order to inform parties of the general criteria for tenure and review the operations of the tenure system. These meetings are chaired by the Secretary-General.
Academics should refer to the Regulations Relating to the Employment of Tenure Track and Tenured Academic Staff for more information; Librarians should refer to the Regulations Relating to the Employment of Librarian Staff for more information.
Click here to access the timetable.
General Information Sessions
October 13, 2016 (Downtown campus) and November 3, 2016 (Macdonald campus)
Please use the following link to access the session: https://youtu.be/SxIMnbkb3LI.
The information session included presentations from:
- Principal Suzanne Fortier
- Ms. Edyta Rogowska, Secretary-General (Tenure Introduction for 2017-18)
- Professor Christopher Manfredi, Provost (Tenure Overview for 2017-18)
- Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost, Policies, Procedures, & Equity (The Tenure Process for 2017-18)
Tenure Information Session for Departmental Tenure Committees (DTC) and administrators
November 7, 2016
Forms and Guidelines for Candidates
Forms and Resources for Committees
- Departmental Tenure Committee (DTC) Report Form for 2017-18
- Library Tenure Committee (LTC) Report Form for 2017-18
- University Tenure Report 2017-18 for Academics
- University Tenure Committee Form - to be published soon