Here is the list of projects for the Fall 2009-2010 semester. They are arranged by department or program:
- Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Computer Science
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Redpath Museum
Anatomy and Cell Biology
- ANAT 396: Biomarker validation in breast cancer (Prof. M. Basik)
- ANAT 396: Investigation of NCoR function in retinal development (Prof. M. Burnier)
- ANAT 396: The Effect of TNF-beta on a Conjunctival Melanoma Cell Line (Prof. M. Burnier)
- ANAT 396: Cardiovascular outcomes in children with obstructive sleep apnea. (Prof. E. Constantin)
- ANAT 396: Analysis of Ultrastructural Changes in the Murine Aortic Wall Following Smoking. (Prof. E. Davis)
- ANAT 396: Studies of human fetal growth plate development (Prof. C.G. Goodyer)
- ANAT 396: Mechanisms regulating axon guidance (Prof. T. Kennedy)
- ANAT 396: Phenotyping of FXIIIA/TG2 knockout mice (Prof. M. McKee)
- ANAT 396: Role of Pitx3 in Neuronal Survival (Prof. A. Sadikot).
- ANAT 396: Regulation of brain tumour cell proliferation (Prof. S. Stifani).
- ANAT 396: Regulation of neuron subtype development (Prof. S. Stifani).
- BIOC 396: Colon cancer progression (Prof. N. Beauchemin).
- BIOC 396: Characterization of Viperin-FPPS Interaction (Prof. A. Pause).
- BIOC 396: Senescence induction in primary astrocytes (Prof. J. Rak)
- BIOC 396: Characterization of chromatin structure surrounding origins of replication in transformed vs. normal cells (Prof. M. Zannis-Hadjopoulos)
- CHEM 396: Study of Photoreversible DNA molecules (Prof. C. Barrett).
- CHEM 396: Synthesis and Purification of Novel Iodonium Salts for F18 labelling (Prof. R. Schirrmacher).
- COMP 396: Capacities of cloning channels (Prof. P. Hayden).
- COMP 396: "Applying French Morphological Rules...". (Prof. R. Rose).
- COMP 396: Contextual and Incremental Layout System for Biochemical Networks (Prof. D. Ruths).
- COMP 396: Concurrent Collision Detection (Prof. C. Verbrugge).
- GEOG 396: Detection of paleo-Indian occupation through sedimentary charcoal records (Prof. G. Chmura).
- GEOG 396: Photosynthesis of Sphagnum and Polytrichum mosses under nitrogen deposition (Prof. T. Moore).
Microbiology and Immunology
- MIMM 396: Impact of estrogenizing compounds on cardiomyocyte differentiation (Prof. L. Chalifour).
- MIMM 396: Retrovirus fusion and oncogenesis (Prof. S.-L. Liu).
- MIMM 396: Modulation of host cell signaling upon infection with protozoan parasite: Mechanisms of Evasion of Innate Immune Response (Prof. M. Olivier).
- MIMM 397: Regulation of inflammation by angiopoietins. (Prof. S. Hussain).
- MIMM 397: Identification of a candidate tumor suppressor gene in prostate cancer. (Prof. J. Lapointe).
- MIMM 397: Active site localization of AFP (Prof. R. Murgita).
- MIMM 397: Functional analysis of T cell responses in patients of type 1 diabetes with genetic variations in the cd25 gene (Prof. C. Piccirillo).
- MIMM 397: Histamine and histamine metabolite measurement using mass spectrometry to aid in the diagnosis of IgE-mediated allergy, and anaphylactoid reactions. (Prof. C. Tsoukas).
- NSCI 396: Simulate neural processing of synaptic inputs using the NEURON simulation package. (Prof. E. Cook).
- NSCI 396: Co-expression of the somatostatin receptor subtypes 1 and 2A in neurons of the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus – a quantitative stereological investigation (Prof. T. Stroh).
- NSCI 396: Laser capture of skeletal muscle in IBM (Prof. T. Taivassalo).
- PHGY 396: Analysis of neurophysiological signals (Prof. E. Cook).
- PHGY 396: Neurophysiological Correlates of Learning in the dLPFC (Prof. J. Martinez-Trujillo).
- PHGY 396: Regulation of innate immunity by vitamin D (Prof. J.H. White).
- PSYC396: Neural mechanisms of stress (Profs. G. O'Driscoll + J. Pruessner)
- PSYC396: Founder effect in evolution of ethnocentrism (Prof. T. Shultz)