- Stub mcgill.ca/mssi
- barbados_field_study_semester mcgill.ca/science
- barbados_interdisciplinary_tropical_studies mcgill.ca/science
- cdn_field_studies_africa mcgill.ca/science
- canal_savoir_broadcast_schedule mcgill.ca/science
- Cutting Edge Lectures in Science
- sci_cutting_edge_lectures mcgill.ca/science
- geography mcgill.ca/science
- math_and_stats mcgill.ca/science
- physics mcgill.ca/science
- Dept. of Psychology
- psychology mcgill.ca/science
- science_fac mcgill.ca/science
- science_fac mcgill.ca/it
- science_fac mcgill.ca/newsroom
- Freaky Fridays
- geog_info_ctre mcgill.ca/science
- internships mcgill.ca/science
- panama_field_studies_semester mcgill.ca/science
- Redpath Museum
- quantitative_biol_smnr_ser mcgill.ca/science
- teach_learn mcgill.ca/science
Cutting Edge Lecture in Science: Did this make that happen? Causation, causality, and the statistician
By Erica Moodie (William Dawson Scholar & Associate Professor of Biostatistics, McGill). A significant proportion of research seeks to discover causes – causes of disease, of disparities, of longevity. Causation has been considered by philosophers, religious scholars, mathematicians, and more millennia but only recently in ways that are amenable to study with the larger datasets that are available to researchers today....
By Nicolas Kosoy (Associate Professor, Natural Resource Sciences, McGill). We are in urgent need of an agreement novel in spirit and unheard of in our times, one that calls for the unity of all species in our planet, one that embraces the singularity of our universe, the evolutionary history of our species, and the common path that we, human and non-human species, share in our one and only spaceship....
By Srividya Iyer (Assistant Professor, Division of Social and Transcultural Psychiatry, Psychology, McGill). As a researcher and service provider, Dr. Iyer is interested in youth mental health and early intervention, especially in the early phases of psychosis, in Canada and beyond.
By Keith W. Hipel (Department of Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo). As former President of the Academy of Science, Royal society of Canada, Prof. Hipel will be presenting the Miroslaw Romanowski Lecture.
By Edith Hamel (Professor, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University)...