OSR Checklist (Sep 19, 2022)
Table of Commitments (September 3, 2021)
- The OSR Checklist must be completed for all externally-funded grants and project agreements. For CFI applications, a checklist will be provided to the applicants by R&I’s Strategic Initiatives team.
- The OSR Table of Commitments is a tool to ensure the appropriate validation and approval of faculty cash and in-kind contributions to research projects and agreements. For more information on the Table and faculty signature requirements, please see the Instructions in the Table or consult the Signing Authority Guidelines for Faculty Contributions to Research Projects and Agreements.
- Academics requesting salary support in their project budgets will be asked to complete the Faculty Salary Request Form in the OSR Checklist and have it approved by the appropriate department/faculty signing authorities for salary requests. For more information on signature requirements for the Faculty Salary Request Form, please consult the Signing Authority Guidelines for Academic Salary Support Requests in Research Projects and Agreements.
- For more information on the OSR Checklist, as well as institutional approval/signature for research-related documents, please consult the Signing Authority and OSR Checklist FAQ page.
When accessing and completing the OSR Checklist, please note the following:
- Adobe requirement: the Checklist can only be completed in Adobe as an active form with dynamic/interactive embedded content. Minimum requirement is Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or Adobe Acrobat Professional 9; older versions will not work properly. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader if needed.
- For Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Safari (Mac) users: by default, these browsers have built-in PDF-viewers (non-Adobe) which will prevent, at varying degrees, the opening and completion of the OSR Checklist.
OPTION 1: The quickest option around this issue is to save the unopened OSR Checklist (right-click and save the link as) to the desktop or desired folder and right-click to open using Adobe.
OPTION 2: You may, if you wish, set Adobe as your default PDF reader for all files or for this specific file/OSR webpage. As each browser or Mac operating systems have different instructions for accomplishing this, we recommend doing a Google search for setting Adobe as a default browser and/or operating system. Adobe also provides this brief help menu as a starting point:
Configure browser to use the Adobe PDF plug-in to open online PDF files
- Information about Conflict of Interest Reporting.
Please contact the Strategic Initiatives (SI) Team to obtain a copy of the following documents:
Pre-Award (John R. Evans Leaders Fund, JELF)
- JELF Guidelines (CFI)
- JELF Components and Timelines
- Good Quote Example
- Research Equipment and Space Needs Assessment Form (RESNAF)
- RESNAF Equipment List
- Quebec Form Instructions
Post-Award (John R. Evans Leaders Fund, JELF)
- Award Finalization Instructions
- Budget Builder Template (Finalization)
- CFI Change Request Form
- Confirmation of Award Conditions
- Plan for the Operation and Maintenance of Infrastructure funded by CFI (August 2013)
You can access the CFI-JELF and CRC-JELF timelines here:
- New disclosures can be reported to us via our online disclosure portal. More information can be found here.
- SciVal is an on-line bibliometric tool based on the Scopus database that offers research metrics such as publications and citations. It is available to McGill University’s faculty members, students and staff. To access SciVal for McGill, click here.
Researchers who identify need for research infrastructure* are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Office of the Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation (R+I) at any given time.
The EOI will be matched with appropriate grant funding programs and will serve to help the Faculties to identify appropriate space for the infrastructure and assess the need for renovation of related lab space.
*Research infrastructure refers to instruments, equipment, and technology development of custom-made tools, including related construction or renovation to install the equipment.
Overview of the planning process:
You must download the PDF document before filling it out and submit the completed form to eoi.researchinfrastructure [at] mcgill.ca. You will be able to save a draft of the form at any time and submit once ready.
For any questions about the EOI, please send an email to eoi.researchinfrastructure [at] mcgill.ca
If you have questions about the research infrastructure planning process in general, please contact:
Léa Muzakare, Senior Advisor, CFI Research Development, Office of Vice-Principal (Research and Innovation): lea.muzakare [at] mcgill.ca