OSR Checklist (Sep 22, 2023)
Table of Commitments (September 3, 2021)
- The OSR Checklist must be completed for all externally-funded grants and project agreements. For CFI applications, a checklist will be provided to the applicants by R&I’s Strategic Initiatives team.
- The OSR Table of Commitments is a tool to ensure the appropriate validation and approval of faculty cash and in-kind contributions to research projects and agreements. For more information on the Table and faculty signature requirements, please see the Instructions in the Table or consult the Signing Authority Guidelines for Faculty Contributions to Research Projects and Agreements.
- Academics requesting salary support in their project budgets will be asked to complete the Faculty Salary Request Form in the OSR Checklist and have it approved by the appropriate department/faculty signing authorities for salary requests. For more information on signature requirements for the Faculty Salary Request Form, please consult the Signing Authority Guidelines for Academic Salary Support Requests in Research Projects and Agreements.
- For more information on the OSR Checklist, as well as institutional approval/signature for research-related documents, please consult the Signing Authority and OSR Checklist FAQ page.
When accessing and completing the OSR Checklist, please note the following:
- Adobe requirement: the Checklist can only be completed in Adobe as an active form with dynamic/interactive embedded content. Minimum requirement is Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or Adobe Acrobat Professional 9; older versions will not work properly. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader if needed.
- For Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Safari (Mac) users: by default, these browsers have built-in PDF-viewers (non-Adobe) which will prevent, at varying degrees, the opening and completion of the OSR Checklist.
OPTION 1: The quickest option around this issue is to save the unopened OSR Checklist (right-click and save the link as) to the desktop or desired folder and right-click to open using Adobe.
OPTION 2: You may, if you wish, set Adobe as your default PDF reader for all files or for this specific file/OSR webpage. As each browser or Mac operating systems have different instructions for accomplishing this, we recommend doing a Google search for setting Adobe as a default browser and/or operating system. Adobe also provides this brief help menu as a starting point:
Configure browser to use the Adobe PDF plug-in to open online PDF files
- Information about Conflict of Interest Reporting.
- New disclosures can be reported to us via our online disclosure portal. More information can be found here.
- SciVal is an on-line bibliometric tool based on the Scopus database that offers research metrics such as publications and citations. It is available to McGill University’s faculty members, students and staff. To access SciVal for McGill, click here.