Invitation from the Office of Sponsored Research
SSHRC Partnership Development Grants Information Session
The Office of Sponsored Research is pleased to invite McGill researchers and administrators to an information session on the upcoming
SSHRC Partnership Development Grants competition.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The workshop will include:
- a brief presentation about the requirements and the evaluation process of the Partnership Development Grants as well as recent competition results by Grants Officer Joanna Mastalerek;
- presentations by two McGill researchers with experience as committee members and/or grant awardees in the Partnership Development Grants competition. They will provide potential applicants with insider information about the peer-review system and strategies for preparing a successful proposal:
Ø Professor Sarah Turner (Department of Geography) and
Ø Professor Rick Stapenhurst (Institute for the Study of International Development (ISID))
- tips for securing partner support
- a question and answer period where participants will be encouraged to briefly introduce their project and pose any questions that they may have about this funding opportunity.
For participants who might not be able to attend the workshop, please send your questions in advance to joanna [dot] mastalerek [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Joanna Mastalerek).
The internal guide prepared by the Office of Sponsored Research will be distributed at the workshop.
Refreshments will be served.
Please R.S.V.P. to vera [dot] milbradt [at] mcgill [dot] ca (vera [dot] milbradt [at] mcgill [dot] ca) until September 1st.
The workshop may be cancelled if attendance is not sufficient.
Partnership Development Grants provide support, up to $200,000 over one to three years, for new or existing partnerships to:
- develop research and related activities in the social sciences and humanities, including knowledge mobilization and the meaningful involvement of students and new scholars; or
- design and test new partnership approaches for research and/or related activities that may result in best practices or models that either can be adapted by others or have the potential to be scaled up to a regional, national or international level.
SSHRC deadline: Monday, December 1st, 2014 | 8:00 pm EST
Please note: SSHRC’s usual deadline (November 30th) falls on a Sunday. Therefore it is automatically postponed to the following Monday.
OSR optional internal review deadline: Thursday, November 20th, 2014|10:00 am EST
OSR mandatory checklist deadline : Friday, November 28th, 2014|10:00 am EST