1. Once an online disclosure form has been submitted, the Office will examine it for completeness within 3 weeks.
2. If the form is incomplete, the disclosing researcher will receive an email detailing what elements are missing. They will need to log in to the portal and amend and resubmit the online disclosure form, which will once again be examined for completeness.
3. If the disclosure form is complete, all the McGill researchers named on the form will need to log in to the online portal using their McGill username and password, and virtually sign off and confirm that they have read the online disclosure and agree with the contents, including the revenue distribution percentages. Any researchers who are no longer at McGill and do not have access to their former McGill username and password will receive login information in a separate email. Please note that all the researchers will need to log in individually and sign off on the disclosure form. Lead or individual researchers cannot confirm on behalf of another researcher.
4. If any researchers have objections or concerns, they can contact the Office directly through the online disclosure form summary page.
5. Once all the McGill researchers have signed off on the disclosure form, the disclosing researcher will receive an email confirming that the invention has been accepted for review by the Office and that a preliminary review will be done within sixty (60) days. A technology transfer manager will also be assigned to the invention at this time.