Over the past year, Research and International Relations (RIR) has reorganized with the goal of creating more tailored and comprehensive support for McGill’s researchers.
The following units and subunits now make up RIR:
- Office of the Vice-Principal (Research and International Relations)
- Finance, Human Resources, and Communications
- International Relations
- Strategic Initiatives (including the Institutional Strategic Initiatives team, formerly part of the Office of Sponsored Research)
- Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)
- Administration and Awards Management
- Grants and Agreements (formerly Grants & Foundations and Contracts & Agreements)
- Office of Innovation and Partnerships
- Invention Development and Entrepreneurship Assistance (IDEA) (formerly Commercialization, IP Management, Spin-offs and Licensing)
- McGill University Business Engagement Centre (MUBEC)
- Quartier de l’Innovation (QI)
- Office of Research Ethics and Compliance
- Animal Compliance Office
- Research with Human Participants
We invite you to visit our new Contact Us webpage to learn more. Here, you will find email addresses and telephone numbers for general inquiries. You can also view short descriptions of each team’s areas of service and responsibilities as well as a full list of staff by unit.
We welcome your questions and feedback on these changes. For more information, please send RIR an research.vprir [at] mcgill.ca (email) or call us at 514-398-3991.