Invitation – OSR Information Session
FRQNT’s Team Research Project Program
"Projet de recherche en équipe"
Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: James Administration, Room 301 (845 Sherbrooke St. W.)
Guest Speakers: Professors Peter Grutter and Valérie Orsat
Please RSVP by Tuesday August 6 to jennifer [dot] callaghan [at] mcgill [dot] ca (jennifer [dot] callaghan [at] mcgill [dot] ca)
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is pleased to invite McGill faculty members and administrators to an information session on FRQNT’s Team Research Project Program. The purpose of this program is to foster the emergence of new research niches in all scientific fields covered by FRQNT and enhance the ability of Quebec researchers to compete in federal competitions by carrying out innovative project; to promote the pooling of researchers with the complementary expertise needed to carry out a research project, and to provide a conducive environment to high-calibre student training and supervision.
Researchers in natural sciences, mathematical sciences and engineering who are planning to apply to the upcoming FRQNT Team Research Project competition (2014-2015) are encouraged to attend this information session.
The session will include:
- Brief presentation of the objectives and requirements of the FRQNT Team Research Project grants by Linda Kemp, Grants Officer
- Presentations of McGill researchers with experience as committee members and/or grant awardees under this program. They will provide potential applicants with insider information about the peer-review system and/or strategies for creating successful proposals:
- Professor Peter Grutter, Physics
- Professor Valérie Orsat, Bioresource Engineering
- Question & answer period. For those who wish, questions may be sent in advance to linda [dot] lk [dot] kemp [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Linda Kemp)
OSR will provide an internal guide for preparing applications to this funding opportunity, which will be distributed after the workshop.
FRQNT deadline: September 25, 2013 | 4:00 p.m.
OSR internal deadline: September 9, 2013 | 10:00 a.m.