Invitation – OSR Information Session
FRQSC’s Start-Up Program for New Research Professors
"Établissement de nouveaux professeurs chercheurs"
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: James Administration, Room 301 (845 Sherbrooke St. W.)
Guest Speaker: Professors Anna Berman and Beste Kucukyazici
Please RSVP to jennifer.callaghan [at] mcgill.ca () by Wednesday August 20, 2014
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is pleased to invite McGill faculty members and administrators to an information session on FRQSC’s Start-Up Program for New Research Professors Program. The purpose of this program is to assist new researchers who have just launched their careers to become established as independent researchers and to become competitive nationally and internationally.
New researchers in social sciences and humanities, arts and literature, who are planning to apply to the upcoming FRQSC Fall 2014 competition are encouraged to attend this information session.
The session will include:
1. Brief presentation of the objectives and requirements of the Start-Up Program for New Research Professors Grants by Linda Kemp, Grants Officer
2. Presentations of McGill researchers with experience as grant awardees under this program. They will provide potential applicants with insider information about strategies for creating successful proposals:
- Professor Anna Berman, Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Professor Beste Kucukyazici, Desautels Faculty of Management
3. Question & answer period. For those who wish, questions may be sent in advance to linda.lk.kemp [at] mcgill.ca (Linda Kemp)
OSR will provide an internal guide for preparing applications to this funding opportunity, which will be distributed after the workshop.
FRQSC deadline: October 1, 2014 | 4:00 p.m.
OSR internal deadline: September 19, 2014 | 10:00 a.m.