The Office of Innovation is a new unit focused on building McGill’s innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem through supporting services and strategic partnerships within Canada and abroad.
The team includes technology transfer managers and patent and licensing specialists, innovation associates, and entrepreneurial leaders focused on partnerships and program development for students and researchers.
- Advises and receives reports of inventions
- Performs due diligence review on new invention disclosures
- Develops and implements Intellectual Property (IP) protection/strategy and liaises with patent firms
- Drafts maturation/valorisation grant applications (NSERC I2I, CIHR,…)
- Business development
- Supports new company creation (spinoffs)
- Drafts, negotiates and executes agreements (CDA/NDA, MTA, Option, License) in relation to inventions
- Maintains IP database and responsible for data reporting on technology transfer metrics
- Offers education sessions on Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship
- Develops concrete links and agreements with external partners aligned with innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Identifies new collaboration opportunities for McGill communities
- Connects McGill students, researchers and professors to local partners
- Aligns McGill’s strengths with industry requirements or corporate engagement opportunities