As part of the R2R change management strategy, we have established a network of Change Enablers. They represent and support change management activities across a wide range of Faculties and Units.
The Champions are part of the Change Enablers and are the primary local contacts. They act as the liaison with the R2R team and are responsible for:
- Ensuring that their colleagues remain abreast of what’s changing, why and how;
- Maximizing engagement in the R2R Program;
- Gathering feedback and recommendations from their Faculty/Unit;
- Helping R2R evaluate the feasibility of new business processes;
- Supporting communications, training and other local initiatives.
For all R2R related questions or concerns, please contact your Champion(s) – click here to know who they are.
The Champions will be active throughout the program, and will attend the following four key information sessions.
Information Sessions Calendar:
*For more information on “Prototypes”, read our previous article to find out.
Information Session Round 1 – A Success!
With 100% participation from Faculties and Units and an 89% satisfaction rate conveyed via our survey, we can conclude that the two events from the first round of information session were a success! It included:
- Event 1: An introduction to Workday: navigation, core concepts, terminology, etc. The objective was to expose the Champions to the new system and provide a first glimpse of what Workday looks like and how it works.
- Event 2: A discussion on decisions and impacts related to Workday processes. The topics covered: organizational master data, HR master data, academic reappointments, tenure and promotion, recruiting, onboarding, absences, benefits, performance and time-tracking.
The fact that we follow an iterative process and have an initial version of Workday configured with McGill data allowed us to do demonstrate core Workday concepts live. Here’s what our Champions told us:
“Round 1 information session has been very helpful and informative. I have a better global understanding coming out of these sessions.”
“While the project is complex, the overall meeting was helpful and reassuring.”
“Worth mentioning: The positive atmosphere in the meetings.”
In the survey, we also received valuable suggestions from our Champions regarding what information they would like us to share. Some of these suggestions include:
- Additional updates;
- More info about how various McGill processes may be modified to reflect best practices;
- Benchmarking data from other universities that have implemented Workday;
- More Workday screenshots and demos;
- FAQs and more.
We have already begun addressing these questions and will continue to leverage our Champions’ feedback to enhance the website and future information sessions.
Stay tuned; we will soon share some highlights from this session on the R2R website!
Here are some photos from Information Session Round 1:
Questions? Visit the Contact us section, or use the feedback form below.