Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2) – Introductory Workshop (English)
Format: Virtual (Online)
Trainer: Mandy Steiman, PhD, Clinical Psychologist, Certified Trainer
Dates: April 10-12 and 17-19, 2024
Price(s): $1,250 CAD + taxes
About the workshop
The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule - Second Edition (ADOS-2) is a widely used standardized assessment tool for diagnostic assessments of autism.
The online workshop is for professionals who would like to gain additional skills in diagnosing autism using the ADOS-2 across ages, developmental levels and language skills.
It covers modules 1, 2, 3 and 4 as well as the Toddler module, and includes discussion about:
- the use of the ADOS-2 in making a clinical diagnosis
- administration, scoring, and use of ADOS-2 algorithms
- issues related to differential diagnosis, diagnosis in context, complex clinical situations, and report writing
- current research on ADOS-2.
What is unique about our ADOS-2 workshops?
- Workshops are kept small to allow for discussion and questions
- Our team has extensive experience with a wide range of ages and populations, including working with linguistically and culturally diverse populations, and we bring this experience to all our workshops
- We believe that the context in which diagnostic tools are used is important - we welcome discussion about attendees’ own clinical or research context so we can offer advice on best practices and helpful adaptations
- All workshops are led by certified trainers
This workshop is offered in English.
A French workshop will take place from May 8-10 and 15-17, 2024.
Dates and Time
April 10-12 and 17-19, 2024 from 1-4:30pm EDT (10 -1:30pm PST)
- This online workshop is offered over 6 half-days, and is equivalent to the in-person ADOS-2 Introductory Workshop offered over 3 full days
- Participants must attend all sessions
$1,250 CAD + taxes
- Early registration is encouraged as spaces are limited
- After completing the registration form, information on submitting payment will be sent to you
- Your spot is secured upon completing both registration and payment
- We reserve the right to cancel workshops in the case of insufficient attendance
We ask that participants have access to an ADOS-2 Manual, as well as protocols for Modules 1, 2, 3, 4 and the Toddler Module. Materials can be in English, French or any of the official ADOS-2 translations. Please trainingndd [at] mcgill.ca (contact us) if you require information on how to purchase an ADOS-2 manual.
About the trainer
Mandy Steiman, PhD, is a clinical psychologist specializing in the assessment of autism and associated diagnoses. She holds at position at the Douglas Mental Health University Institute, which is affiliated with McGill University.
Her experience includes serving as a senior psychologist at tertiary care diagnostic clinics and as clinical site leader for multi-site and longitudinal research studies, as well as contributing to the development and implementation of integrated clinical-research protocols.
Dr. Steiman trains students and professionals in diagnostic assessment for research and clinical purposes and is a certified trainer the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – Second Edition (ADOS-2) and the Autism Diagnostic Interview – Revised (ADI-R). Her goal is to train professionals to provide high quality, evidence-based care while employing an empathic and collaborative approach with patients and their families.
Registration is now open:
To stay informed about the workshop: