About the CPD student conference travel award
PLEASE NOTE: The CPD travel award competition will not be held for the 2017-2018 academic year.
CPD travel awards are designed to support students to present research at major, academic conferences in population studies. See here for more information on attending conferences in population research.
The awards are intended to fund some but not all of travel expenses. As such, students are expected to seek out and apply for funds from all sources applicable (e.g. supervisor, department (e.g. EBOH GREAT awards), Faculty (e.g. Arts Graduate Student Travel award), conference-specific travel awards, QICSS research outcomes award etc.)
The number and amounts of the travel award will vary according to the number of applicants and available funds. Priority will be given as follows:
- CPD trainees, student members, and research affiliates presenting papers and/or posters are eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to CPD trainees enrolled in the Option in Population Dynamics.
- Priority will be given to paper presentations, over posters.
- Trainees/students/affiliates must be the presenters of the paper/poster to receive funds.
- Preference will be given to papers/posters where the trainee/student/affiliate is first author.
- Other factors taken into consideration include the level of participation of the student applicant and his or her advisor in CPD activities.
Students must submit a copy of their conference abstract, paper, or poster with their application.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please submit the following form in order for your application to be considered for the CPD student conference travel award competition. N.B. the red stars indicate mandatory fields.
The competition is CLOSED.