Institute for Health and Social Policy
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health
Charles Meredith House, B7
1130 Pine Avenue West
Montréal, Québec H3A 1A3 CANADA
Department of Epdemiology, Biostatistics & Occupational Health
Purvis Hall, Room 47B
1120 Pine Avenue West
Montréal, Québec H3A 1A2 CANADA
Email: jill.baumgartner [at] mcgill.ca (Jill Baumgartner)
Jill Baumgartner and her research group focus on understanding what factors influence people's exposure to environmental pollutants, their impact on health, and interventions to address them. They design studies that involve measurement of pollution exposures and provide unique data sets to address grand challenges in global environmental health. These projects involve interdisciplinary collaborations to answer questions like:
- What is the impact of improved energy technology, housing, and transportation policies on health?
- Are pollutants from different sources (e.g., wood combustion, traffic, industry) more harmful to health?
- How do early exposures to environmental pollutants impact disease development later in life?
She is currently involved in three major projects:
- Appropriate energy interventions, climate, and public health
- Health impacts of air pollution composition and sources
- Urbanization, nutrition and cardiovascular disease