The Macdonald Campus operates two field research stations: the Horticultural Research Centre and the Emile A. Lods Agronomy Research Centre.
Services and facilities are available on a cost-recovery basis
Field experimentation services include:
- Consultation on experimental design
- Land preparation
- Technical assistance and equipment for seeding, weed control, harvest and post-harvest operations
- Data collection, entry and analysis
- Specialized equipment for field research on plant productivity
- Irrigation (drip and sprinkler) and fertiguation
- Greenhouses, hydroponics, plasticulture
- Wide range of soil types
- Real-time differential Global Positioning System
- GIS database with information on soil characteristics, weeds, etc.
- Environmental monitoring (hourly soil and air temperatures, relative humidity etc.)
- Ecological agriculture area
- Research apple orchard and other perennial plantings (asparagus, strawberry etc.)