To assist on your academic journey, we have designed a 6-step guide to help you successfully navigate through the admissions process. Good luck to all of our applicants!
- Learn more about our Residency Programs.
- Review the steps and deadlines very carefully and familiarize yourself with the admissions requirements pertaining to each profile. Get information on admission requirements, acceptable sources of funding and tuition and fees.
- All candidates applying for a residency or fellowship programs must apply using the McGill On-line Application Form and pay the application fee $129.03 (*Application fee is non-refundable and the fee must be paid by credit card). Payment receipts will be sent by email and available on the Applicant Status Portal.
- You will be charged for only one submitted application. You will not be permitted to submit a second application until payment is made. You will be unable to access your application Status Portal until the Application fee has been paid.
If questions arise that are not answered on our website, we encourage you to contact us by email:
Residency Applications: pgadm.med [at] mcgill.ca
- Establish your applicant category:
For Residency Applications: Determine your application route (Ministry-Funded and Non-Ministry Funded)
You may view the list of requirements and documents needed for your application to residency programs on the links below:
*Meeting the requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Online applications for the 2023-2024 will open on May 15, 2022.
- Submission deadlines differ by program; please ensure you know what they are and when they’re due by visiting the appropriate Dates and Deadlines webpage.
- You may view the list of programs that are closed for applications for the 2023-2024 on the Key Dates webpage
IMPORTANT ► Only complete files received by the application deadlines can be considered.
- Please submit your online application through the following link: McGill On-line Application Form.
- You can create an account to submit an application or login to submit a new one.
- You will only be permitted to submit a maximum of 2 applications. KIMS sponsored candidates will only be permitted to submit 1 application.
- The Applicant Guide will help you successfully complete your application.
- A link to the Applicant Status Portal will be made available within the “Application Submitted” email notification received upon application submission
- You may modify your personal information (addresses, email, password), and the name of the referees and their contact information on the Applicant Status Portal but you will not be able to change your application program selections once the application is submitted. Indicated referees can be updated if they have not already provided a recommendation letter. If you realize that there is a mistake on your application after you’ve submitted it, please contact pgmedoc [at] mcgill.ca , please do not submit a new application, we will make the necessary change.
- The Application Checklist will list supporting documentation required to complete your application. It is your responsibility to ensure Sponsors, Program Directors, Deans and/or indicated referees provide checklist items in a timely manner.
- You can upload the required checklist items to complete your application via the Applicant Status Portal.
- The status of your application can be monitored via the Applicant Status Portal
- Applicants may submit an application in French or English.
If you require any support concerning the application process, contact pgmedoc [at] mcgill.ca
- The Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) Office sends the files of eligible applicants to the various department Program Directors for review. Program directors may then invite selected applicants for interviews.
- You should continue to check their Applicant Status Portal, for the status of your application.
- If an application is successful, the PGME Office will issue an offer letter. Only offer letters emanating from the PGME Office are valid and binding.
IMPORTANT ► ALL residency program decisions are FINAL
- Final decisions are viewed through your Applicant Status Portal account.
Graphics on this page were designed by former McGill medical student Omid Zahedi Niaki.