To assist on your academic journey, we have designed a 6-step guide to help you successfully navigate through the admissions process.
Good luck to all of our applicants!
- Learn more about our Residency Programs and our Fellowship Programs.
- Review the steps and deadlines very carefully and familiarize yourself with the admissions requirements pertaining to each profile. Get information on admission requirements, acceptable sources of funding and tuition and fees.
- All candidates applying for a residency or fellowship programs must apply online and pay the application fee $113.27 (*Application fee is non-refundable and the fee must be paid by credit card)
If questions arise that are not answered on our website, we encourage you to contact us by email:
Residency Applications: pgadm.med [at] mcgill.ca
Fellowship Applications: pgfellows.med [at] mcgill.ca
- Establish your applicant category:
*Meeting the requirements does not guarantee admission.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS for the 2019-2020 will open on May 15, 2018
|Residency Non-Ministry Funded Positions|
|Pediatric Specialty Programs||March 1, 2018 (for the 2019 academic year)|
|PGY 1 Residency Programs||August 15, 2018|
|PGY 4 Medicine Specialty Residency Programs||September 1, 2018|
|Residency Ministry Funded Positions|
|Family Medicine Enhanced Skills Residency Programs:
Mother and Child, Clinical Scholar's and Hospital Medicine
|September 13, 2018|
|Contingent Particulier||Please link here|
|Family Medicine ER Match, Care of the Elderly, Palliative Care and Sports Medicine||Please link here|
|Medicine Specialties Match||Please link here|
|Pediatric Specialties Match||Please link here|
|Fellowship Programs||September 1, 2018|
All candidates applying for a residency or fellowship programs must apply online and pay the application fee $113.27 (*Application fee is non-refundable and the fee must be paid by credit card)
Apply via the McGill On-line Application Form
- Click on the Apply Now button
- Create a McGill username and password
- Select the Fall201909 term and Postgraduate Med/Dent Education as the Faculty you are applying to. Select MD/DMD Equivalent as your degree.
- Complete all the sections on the application form and pay the application fee $113.27 (*Application fee is non-refundable and the fee must be paid by credit card)
Applications show up on our system 24-48 hours after the application has been submitted.
Upon submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Please note that during peak periods, email confirmations may vary.
- In addition to following the instructions above, if you are applying to a fellowship program, please choose the following for your program selection:
- Faculty/School: Postgraduate Medicine
- Program: Post Residency Fellowship
- Major or subject: Residency Program
- Concentration or area of specialization: Fellowship Program
For any technical problems:
Please contact Service Point or call (514) 398-7878
You may view the list of requirements and documents needed for your application to residency and fellowship programs on the links below:
- Required documents for Residency Application (Ministry Funded Positions)
- Required documents for Residency Application (Non Ministry Funded Positions)
- Required documents for International Appllicants (sponsored by contracts) with their home Government for both residency and fellowship programs.
- Required documents for Fellowship Applicants
Note: The language of instruction is English. Applicants may submit an application in French or English.
IMPORTANT ► Only complete files received by the application deadline can be considered.
- Once you have submitted an online application: You will be unable to add or change information unless it is your personal information (i.e. email address). Should you wish to inform the PGME office of an important addition or change, please contact us at: pgadm.med [at] mcgill.ca (for residency applications) and pgfellows.med [at] mcgill.ca (for fellowship applications).
- Track the status of your application and admission decisions: You can track the status of your application by logging into Minerva, under the Applicant menu, using your McGill ID number. It is the applicant's responsibility to check their application status on a regular basis, as there may be updates or requests for additional information that must be attended to promptly.
- During peak periods, there may be a delay between our receipt of documents and the entry of these documents in the Minerva system.
- The primary means of communication will be email, using the email address(es) provided at the time of application.
IMPORTANT ► ALL residency and fellowship program decisions are FINAL
- Final decisions are viewed through your Minerva account
Graphics on this page were designed by former McGill medical student Omid Zahedi Niaki.