Subscribe to the OSS Weekly Newsletter!

Mercury Poisoning

Acute mercury poisoning from a large dose of a soluble mercury may cause damage to the kidneys, intestines, and mouth, and the symptoms are vomiting, stomach pains, weak pulse, and difficulty in breathing. If a fatal dose has been taken, death may intervene before any of the most obvious symptoms manifest themselves, but usually death takes about a week, although some people have been known to last three weeks before dying.

Back to top