Note-sharing is a learning support that the OSD can provide to students who are registered with the Office. The procedure for accessing this support is as follows:
- Meet with an OSD Access Services Advisor to determine if you are eligible.
- Register as a note-user through EZ Notes.
- At the beginning of every semester, log in to EZ Notes and type in the courses for which you would like the OSD to try to find you a note-sharing student.
Please note: You may receive an alert that this page is not safe. This is because of the server. Please click “advanced” and “proceed” to continue to the EZ Notes page. If you are not comfortable doing so, there is a desktop computer in the lobby at the OSD Exam Centre that you can use to register with EZ Notes.
- The OSD will then send an email to all of the students in your class asking for someone to volunteer as a note-sharing student.
- After the add/drop deadline, this student is then expected to upload a copy of their lecture notes weekly.
- You will be able to access these notes through an OSD Note-Sharing page in myCourses.
Please note: We cannot guarantee finding a note-sharing student in each course.
What do I do if I don’t see my note-sharing notes?
- Please make sure you have registered for your current semester’s notes on the EZNotes page
- Please make sure you select “Show ALL courses” on MyCourses to see the note sharing page.
- Please note that note-taking only begins after the add/drop deadline each semester.
If you still can’t see any course notes, please email notetaking.osd [at] mcgill.ca. Copy the Access Services Advisor you last met with.