Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and in accordance with the Quebec government directive, the University is suspending all in-person events. As such, public spaces such as the Redpath and OSD computer labs are currently closed. Check out our Personal Technology Solutions page for information on how to access the technology you need at home.
The OSD has a large suite of assistive software and equipment that we make available to students.
Both the Repath and OSD computer labs contain a widerange of adaptive software for students to use. Currently available in OSD labs:
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional
- Zoomtext and MAGIC & Bigshot Screen magnifiers
- JAWS Screen Reader
- Open Book Scanning & Reading
- WYNN Scanning and Reading
- Kurzweil Scanning and Reading
- IBM Home Page Reader
- TextHelp Scanning and Reading
- Duxbury Braille Translator
- PDF Converter
Our computer labs also have printers available for student use, but, you must supply your own paper. The printers are for academic purposes only. If you abuse your printing privileges, the OSD reserves the right to discontinue your access to our labs.
***The OSD supports McGill’s environmental policy to reduce paper use on campus. Please photocopy and print on both sides whenever possible.
- CCTV- print enlargers
- 19 and 21 inch computer monitors
- tactile image enhancer
- adapted key boards
- 4-track tape recorders
- FM wireless voice amplification Systems