What you need to know about Student Services
The OSD is part of Student Services, and is one of 12 services headed by Jana Luker, Executive Director of Student Services.
- Career Planning Service (CaPS)
- Chaplaincy Service
- Counselling Service
- First Peoples’ House
- First-Year Office
- Student Health Service
- International Student Services
- Macdonald Campus Student Services
- Mental Health Service
- Scholarships and Student (Financial) Aid
- Tutorial Service
The mission statement of Student Services is to 'promote and support student success and well-being'
The “Values” selected by Student Services, which form the basis for all objectives and initiatives, are:
- Student Centredness
- Accountability via Measureable Goals
Strategic planning and Goals
Student Services recently held a retreat during which the strategic planning for the next three years was carried out. Five goals emerged from this brainstorming:
- To create a culture of sustainable change.
- To enhance engagement and partnerships at all levels of community.
- To be proactive and responsive to student needs.
- To develop successful staff.
- Students are involved in achieving our goals.