How do I apply for accreditation?
- Complete the Accreditation Request form provided at: www.mcgill.ca/nursing/continuing-education/cne-accreditation-documents
- Ensure that your application package includes all documents listed in the checklist found on page 13 of the Accreditation Request Form.
- All applications, whether accepted or rejected, are subject to the $150 processing fee. This fee is non-refundable.
Note: The completed CNE Accreditation Request Form, including all supporting documents must be submitted 4 weeks prior to the start date of the activity.
Once your application is complete, please combine all documents into a single PDF, ensuring that everything is correctly formatted, and email to: cne.nursing [at] mcgill.ca (subject: CNE%20Office%3A%20Accreditation%20Application) .
We do not accept Microsoft Word or image (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, etc) files. Documents received in any format other than PDF will not be accepted.
Note: If all required documents are not available by the 4-week deadline, please contact the CNE Office to schedule submission of outstanding documentation at a later date.
What happens then?
Reviews are scheduled once the complete application package has been received. Please allow for two – three weeks of processing time from the date of receipt.
If your event is approved, you will receive a letter of response indicating the total number of credits granted. This letter will also include:
- Suggestions and stipulations
- The official wording that must appear verbatim on the final printed material programs/materials of the accredited educational activity
- Mention of any additional review fees applicable to your educational activity
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE
How do I order certificates of attendance?
All certificates distributed to participants must originate from the CNE office. Accreditation may be revoked should you distribute certificates that have not been issued by our office.
Educational activity organizers are responsible for providing an Excel spreadsheet listing all attendees (see example provided on our “Documents” page). The CNE office is unable to create certificates without this document. Once the list is received, we will generate digital certificates and send them by e-mail to the activity administrator who then e-mails them to attendees.
Please be aware that the CNE office does not correct spelling or typographic errors in the participant list. For this reason, we ask that you thoroughly review your list before submitting it for certificate production. Additional, corrected versions will be invoiced upon distribution.
Certificates are $5 each.
To request a certificate:
- Compile your list of participants using the Excel template provided on the website. Review all entries against the sign-in sheet for accuracy.
- Submit the Excel participants list to the CNE Office by email.
- Complete the “Continuing Nursing Education Final Report Form” and submit at the latest 8 weeks after the educational activity.
- Include all required documentation as indicated on the “Continuing Nursing Education Final Report Form”.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to the Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Office cne.nursing [at] mcgill.ca (subject: CNE%20Office%3A%20Accreditation%20Inquiry) or 514-398-8272.