Members of the McGill community are invited to an open meeting to learn more about the progress of the New Vic Project and its importance to McGill University.
When McGill completes redevelopment of the lower portion of the site of the former Royal Victoria Hospital in 2028, we will add 22,800m2 (net) of much-needed, state-of-the-art teaching and research spaces to our downtown campus. The New Vic Project is the most significant infrastructure project our University has undertaken since its inception more than 200 years ago. But it is also more than this.
The academic plan for the New Vic site is framed by research pillars focused on Sustainability Systems and Public Policy together with an emphasis on Teaching and Learning Environments. With a commitment to breaking disciplinary silos, together with the conscious integration of scholars working on questions of policy development and implementation, the New Vic will support the development of critical sustainability solutions with real-world influence.
- When: Friday, 9 February, 1:30-3:00pm
- Where: Virtual, via Teams. Register to receive the link by email.
- Host: Christopher Manfredi, Provost and Executive Vice-President (Academic)
- Deep Saini, President and Vice-Chancellor
- Christopher Buddle, Associate Provost, Teaching and Academic Planning, and Academic Lead, New Vic Project
- Bruce Lennox, Dean, Faculty of Science, and Academic Design Lead, New Vic Project
- Pierre Major, Executive Director, New Vic Project
- Viviane Yargeau, Dean, Faculty of Engineering