updated October 29, 2020
Current on-site research with human subjects may continue with people in the following four categories:
IMPORTANT Within the above three groups, subjects 70 years of age and older already coming into The Neuro for these purposes can still participate in research activities. New subjects 70 years and older cannot be recruited for studies until further notice.
- Patients enrolled in clinical trials.
- Patients who are scheduled to come in for regular care or treatment.
- Patients who are scheduled to be seen by physicians on a regular basis.
- Patients already enrolled in on-going longitudinal studies, with the exception of people over 70 years of age.
- All in-person studies with healthy control subjects of all ages are CANCELLED until further notice.
These directives will be reassessed on November 23 or as the situation evolves.
Health and safety are our top priority
All Neuro staff and trainees need to have the same information and share the same recommendations.
The restart of research activities at The Neuro follows the McGill University on-campus research phase-in directives and the guidelines on preventing spread of COVID-19.
Neuro Principal Investigators are expected to be familiar with, and abide by all university directives and guidelines to plan a safe and gradual return to work.
As part of the process to resume research activities involving human subjects, all staff must be aware of the current guidelines and protocols
*Important: Please be sure to include specific SOPs and details regarding COVID-19 symptom screening of subjects prior to study, how subjects will access The Neuro and be guided to study area, health and safety precautions etc.
For more information contact: communications.neuro [at] mcgill.ca (Neuro Communications)