April 3 update: COVID-19 at The Neuro
March 27: The Neuro has an outbreak of COVID-19 with 7 positive test results amongst hospital staff in the last few days. Public Health is aware of the situation.
- Until further notice, all new patient admissions to The Neuro are suspended.
- As per COVID-19 Public Health protocols:
- Patients that may have been in contact with infected hospital personnel, have been put in isolation.
- MUHC Human Resources and Infection Control are conducting an epidemiological investigation to trace the close contacts of infected people to ensure that they isolate themselves immediately and are screened for COVID-19 infection.
- The Neuro is following strict hygiene protocols to minimize further internal transmission.
- The MUHC is working in collaboration with the entire Montreal healthcare network to care for our patients, and in particular with colleagues at the CHUM, for the care and treatment of patients with urgent neurovascular and neurosurgical needs.
- Since April 3 the Neuro has resumed accepting in-patient transfers, and resumed receiving code stroke patients by ambulance on Tuesday, April 7.