Neuro Facilities will be working remotely from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. For any requests or inquiries, please email facilities.neuro [at] mcgill.ca.
Code-related emergencies inside the building (flood, fire, chemical spill, medical, etc.), dial 55555 from internal phone.
Emergencies outside the building, please call 911.
Non-code related matters: dial Neuro Security desk at extension 5542 or 514 398 5542 if you are located remotely.
Mail Room (Internal Mail and Canada Post deliveries)
Service provided as usual. For specific details see:
General Stores & Loading dock (includes all courier packages, UPS, FedEx and Perishable deliveries)
Services provided as usual. For specific details see:
- Mail Room (Internal Mail) & General Stores Operations
- Liquid nitrogen delivery procedure
- CO2 delivery procedure
REQUEST ACCESS FOR EXTERNAL VENDORS
Deliveries, Servicing of Equipment and other Services & Maintenance visits
Please fill out your request here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/fdfa5c541277492da5d96310e124eb3
- Neuro Administration in collaboration with Security will approve/reject the visit request based on urgency
- Only essential and emergency requests will be considered
- Non-essential services are on hold until further notice
- Doors previously on a schedule, will now be locked 24/7
- A McGill ID or Fob/Card will be required to open these doors
- Security will still open doors for approved lab individuals, if required
- No Fobs/Card access will be activated during this period. We assume that cleared and approved lab individuals already have the access they need. For exceptions, please email facilities.neuro [at] mcgill.ca
- Key Requests/Major door & hardware repairs: Lister, our Locksmith, will provide service on an on-call basis only. Lister will not be performing their usual visit on Thursdays to The Neuro. Internal carpenters will perform minor door and hardware repairs and adjustments. For any requests, please email facilities.neuro [at] mcgill.ca.
IMPORTANT. Upon leaving your respective areas, we ask that you take the moment to check that:
- Windows are closed and doors are locked
- You have all your belongings
- Any necessary equipment and appliances are turned off or unplugged – for example: space heaters should be unplugged but refrigerators should remain operational
- Any remaining valuables are locked away
Inquiries, please contact:
Neuro Lab Safety Chair
heather.durham [at] mcgill.ca
with a cc to facilities.neuro [at] mcgill.ca
BIOHAZARD WASTE PICK-UP
Service provided as usual by MUHC Housekeeping for all pavilions, including BTRC, Molson, North Wing and CNDM.
- Labs are responsible for disposing chemical waste in room 045.
- Lab Safety website
Service as usual, until further notice. Please check hours of operation at location
Updated cleaning protocol for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- increased staff
- upgraded products, as per McGill and MUHC’s protocols
- increased frequency of cleaning/disinfecting for all high-touch surfaces
- regular testing to ensure that disinfection is effective
Services Roy services: CNDM, North Wing, BTRC, Molson, 3661 University and 527 Pine.
MUHC Housekeeping services: Main pavilions (Rockefeller, Penfield, McConnell and Webster).
For requests/inquiries, please email facilities.neuro [at] mcgill.ca
Employees that are deemed “essential” and that are required on site in order to perform their work will be offered free parking throughout this period. Please consult the instructions on the McGill coronavirus FAQ page to request temporary parking.
EXTERMINATION/ PEST CONTROL
Service provided as usual through out the Neuro Complex, including 527 Pine and 3661 University.
- Trades will be on rotation to maintain function and activities
- Electrician, HVAC technician, Plumber, Carpenter, Painter and Mover will be available for emergencies or essential services only, primarily to support hospital operations
FMAS McGILL PROJECTS
· All projects are on hold until further notice