[revised: July 21, 2022]
Health and safety are our top priority
All Neuro staff and trainees need to have the same information and share the same recommendations.
Neuro Principal Investigators are expected to be familiar with, and abide by all university directives and guidelines to plan a safe and gradual return to work.
Below are descriptions of procedures, links to information documents for researchers, followed by an archive of memos with additional information.
Updated May 13, 2022
While masks will no longer be required as of Tuesday, May 24, 2022 on the McGill University campus, they will continue to be mandatory in MOST indoor public spaces at The Neuro including elevators, corridors and hallways. Please see below for details.
- Main complex (Rockefeller, Penfield, McConnell and Webster Pavilions)
- North Wing
Current rules continue to apply. Masks need to be worn at all times in all indoor public spaces including elevators, corridors and hallways. All other procedures remain in place.
- Masks can be removed while eating and drinking if you can respect the 2-metre distance from others,
- Masks can be removed for meetings and events in our conference rooms, if you can respect the 2-metre distance from others,
- Employees with any signs or symptoms of COVID should avoid being present at work and need to go get tested,
- Respect infection control guidelines on when to isolate and when you should return to work if you are exposed to a COVID positive case, symptomatic or test positive yourself.
- NO access to the hospital floors. Researchers are encouraged to use floor B1 for essential movements within the complex. Please avoid use of floors 1 and 2 of main complex.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines could result in reduced access, exclusion from the building, and/or disciplinary measures.
Hand hygiene is mandatory for all employees
Hands should be washed in the following situations:
- Upon arrival in the workplace
- After work in close contact with another employee (less than 2 metres)
- If hands are soiled/dirty
- After using the bathroom
- At the end of the day
- Upon arrival at home
- Anyone leaving a lab must take off their gloves and wash their hands again before walking out, to avoid contaminating doorknobs, elevators etc
Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at the entrances.
If you find an empty post or wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispenser, please submit a request online to have it refilled.
Building Services will increase cleaning and disinfection of public spaces and high touch areas including washrooms, doors and entranceways (door handles, plates and push bars), elevators, drinking fountains, kitchenettes, handrails, and other high touch horizontal and vertical surfaces.
Building Services does not clean any tools or equipment in labs or offices.
- General Guidance for Personal Protection and Decontamination in the lab (PDF)
- Ordering PPE through MMP*
*As per McGill directives: please be advised that you must order through MMP. There is a central store for these materials (masks, gloves, cleaning supplies/ethanol) named McGill personal protection stockroom. Procurement may need to ration provisions, as PPE is in limited supply. Supplies can only be ordered for 1 week at a time
For all Facilities requests (including refill of sanitizer dispensers, social distancing signage), please fill out this online form.