What is the Staff Mentoring Pilot?
The Staff Mentoring initiative launched in April 2016, as a pilot project led by the My Workplace team. It will connect mentors and mentees for at least a year, with the goal of:
- Enrich new-employee experience/initiation
- Improve employee engagement and retention
- Foster community connections
- Encourage employee learning and growth
If the pilot is successful, and if McGill employees find this usesful, we’ll evaluate the possibility of opening it to all staff on a more permanent basis.
Who can get a mentor?
- All employees who have been at McGill for 6-24 months
- Get a mentor
Who can be a mentor?
- Employees who have been at McGill for more than 24 months, and have attended a Mentoring orientation session.
- Become a mentor
Guidelines for mentors and mentees
We suggest that at their first meeting, mentees and mentors review and agree to these guidelines.
We'll occasionally check in with mentors and mentees -- both to learn as much as possible throughout this pilot phase, and also to help ensure that this experience is useful for everyone.