LinkedIn Learning Course Club: Icebreakers for Teams, Meetings, and Groups
LinkedIn Learning Course Club
This session has two components:
- Individual work/reflection – prior to the session, you will view a selected video (approximately 45 – 60 minutes). You will find the link to the course below.
- Facilitated virtual group discussion – on the session date, we will come together virtually for a 90-minute facilitated group discussion around what we learned.
An icebreaker is an activity, game, or experience designed to create conversation and promote connection among participants. Join instructors Daisy Lovelace and Carolyn Goerner for an exploration of how to successfully use icebreaker activities to help strengthen teams, stimulate creative thinking, and help teams move forward after conflict. Discover the psychology behind how and why icebreakers work. Find out how to choose the right icebreaker for different group types and sizes. Examine different icebreakers designed to get an event started, connect new team members, and bolster connections among existing team members. Plus, learn how to facilitate icebreaker exercises to get the most benefit.
- Building community in teams
- The psychology of icebreakers
- Activities for virtual teams
- Icebreakers for existing teams
- Exercises for new teams
- Icebreakers for specific outcomes
- Learning names
- Trust-building icebreakers
- Sparking and enhancing creativity
- Activities for addressing and resolving conflict
LinkedIn Learning Course Club: