Current McGill students
Note: Students who wish to use their final recital as an entrance audition run the risk of not being considered for entrance scholarships due to the difference in the timing of audition decisions and recitals. We encourage students to submit a recorded audition by February 1st.
You must upload a video recording by February 1, which will be considered your audition.
- Virtual interviews and online interactions may be scheduled for select applicants. Applicants may be contacted after admission material has been submitted. You are not required to sign up in advance.
- Make sure the sound quality on your video recording is excellent. Re-record a piece if it does not sound clear. Your recordings should be less than 8 months old.
- You can submit recordings from live performances.
- We accept avi, mov, mp4 or wmv formats.
- Follow the instructions to upload your video by February 1. Upload times depend on file size and speed of service provider.
- Prepare 60 minutes of recital repertoire. Include:
- Two contrasting movements of a Bach Trio Sonata or a Trio from the Leipzig collection or Klavierübung III collections.
- One major Prelude and 1 Fugue by J.S. Bach.
- The remaining repertoire should include pre-Bach, romantic and contemporary selections.