The Schulich School of Music of McGill University is hosting the first round of the classical singer’s vocal competition. More than 1400 singers at the high school college, or professional level compete for $2 million in university scholarships, summer program scholarships, and cash prizes.
Winners will advance to the finals of the competition at the Classical Singer's Music Convention in Chicago between May 23-26, 2019
All participants must register in the lobby of the Elizabeth Wirth Music Building. From there, participants will be escorted to a warm-up space and to the competition room.
At the live Audition
- Singers can check in at the registration desk as of 11:50am located in the Elizabeth Wirth Music Building -527 Sherbrooke St W.
- We will then show you where your audition will be held and bring you to a warm-up space. Warm-up rooms may or may not have an available piano. You will have no more than 20 mins to warm-up.
- Stand outside the performance space until the on-site representative directs entrance.
- You will have a brief moment to go over the selection with the provided accompanist.
- When you are ready to perform, you should introduce yourself by giving your full name and the title of the selection.
- You will present the selection in its entirety.
- The competition will not be open to the public. However, the winners announcement will be.
- No personal video or audio recordings are allowed.
High School, University, and Professional singers are all welcome.
- To register to compete: https://www.csmusic.net/content/convention/competition/
- For more information on the convention: https://www.csmusic.net/content/convention/
Please feel free to contact recruitment.music [at] mcgill.ca with any questions.