Audition Dates 2023 :
|DMus (all instruments)||February 11, 12, and 19|
|French Horn and Trumpet||February 4|
|Trombone, Tuba and Euphonium||February 11|
|Oboe and Bassoon||February 12|
|Violin||February 3, 4, and 5|
|Double Bass||February 19|
|All Early Music Instruments and Voice||February 25|
|All Jazz Instruments and Voice||February 4 and 5|
|Piano||February 4 and 5|
|Collaborative Piano||February 5|
|Voice||January 27, 28, and 29|
|Choral Conducting||February 15 and 16|
|Orchestral Conducting||February 13|
|Wind Band Conducting||Students to be contacted individually|
Before you arrive:
- Check your online application (ON#) for your individual audition date and time and your assigned accompanist’s contact information.
- The Schulich School of Music will provide an accompanist free of charge for the audition time only. Rehearsal costs are the responsibility of the applicant and vary depending on the accompanist.
- Contact your accompanist at least 48 hours in advance to confirm your audition repertoire and arrange rehearsal times.
- Applicants may bring their own accompanists if they wish. If you would like to do so, please advise us at graduateadmissions.music [at] mcgill.ca
To prepare for your on-campus audition:
- If you are coming from outside Canada, check with Immigration Canada for travel document requirements. Link to this link please:
- Applicants with disabilities who require accommodations in order to participate in the audition process must notify the graduateadmissions.music [at] mcgill.ca (admissions office) in advance of their audition date.
On audition day:
If you are experiencing travel delays on the day of your audition or you are unable to attend your audition, please email our recruitment.music [at] mcgill.ca (Recruitment Office)
- A minimum of one hour prior to your audition, you must check-in at the Strathcona Music Building lobby (555 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec).
*Check-in is also mandatory for current students.
- Practice rooms are available during the audition period.
- During check-in, directions to your audition location and practice rooms will be provided.
Tours will be given by the Schulich Ambassadors during the lunch break.
Details will be available at the check-in desk.
Where to stay:
Book a hotel in Montreal:
Special accommodations have been arranged with several downtown hotels. All hotels are within walking distance of the Schulich School of Music.
Special room prices are available to the McGill University community: staff, students, visitors, etc.
If you are making reservations by phone, be sure to mention McGill University.