Enhance connections to communities, local and global
- Increase opportunities for McGill to go into the community and for the community to come into McGill
- Establish partnerships and sponsorships with industry
- Develop new opportunities for community engagement through the McGill Conservatory
This direction aligns with the Schulich School of Music value of collaboration. We value working across disciplinary, geographic and community boundaries to share, combine and advance knowledge.
Most actions are on hold due to the pandemic situation
- Secure new funding to support student travel. (1: Community) Ongoing throughout the Bicentennial Campaign.
- Develop links with industry partners, using re-opening of MMR strategically. (2: Partnerships) Outreach starting in Fall 2020.
- Enhance partnerships with Montreal artistic leaders and community organizers. (1: Community)
- Expand outreach by performing regularly scheduled concerts in external venues, including CEGEPS and Schools. (1: Community)
- Establish sponsorships through companies or organizations to support our activities. (2: Partnerships)
- Develop new, financially sustainable short courses linked to current Schulich concerts and events to engage diverse community members and lifelong learners. (3: Conservatory)