During the academic year, we're available via phone, email or chat Monday through Friday from 10am-4pm. Due to measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, our drop-in centre is closed until further notice.
SPECIAL ON-SITE SERVICES CLOSURE due to COVID-19 measures - No in-person events or appointments until further notice
Please note that our staff takes the following days off (closed) on these dates:
Labour Day: Monday, September 7, 2020
Thanksgiving: Monday, October 12, 2020
Winter break: Thursday, December 24, 2020 to Sunday, January 3, 2021 inclusive
Fête nationale du Québec: Thursday, June 24th, 2021.
Canada Day: Thursday, July 1st, 2021.
Where to go when MORSL is closed
- During special measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please see our programming updates page for available online resources.
- Our website features an up-to-date list of student-friendly religious places of gathering/worship for a wide range of faith traditions. Many offer weekly services or retreats. Please feel free to consult the listing on our website. Note that during COVID-19, many may be closed or offering very limited in-person services. However, most offer online worship, events and support.
- Our faith volunteers can be reached via their email address included in our multi-faith directory. These volunteers are familiar with MORSL and have been vetted by our administration. If you can't reach one of our volunteers, check the listing of places of worship for student-friendly options.
- There are some online communities for worship and others who live stream or post recordings of services Check out our listing!
- For memorials, weddings, baptisms, and funerals please contact the Birks Chapel at 514-398-4121 and fill in their rental form.
- Our sister units in Student Services offer a range of programs from financial aid, career planning, volunteering, mental and physical health services, resources for students with disabilities, international students, and Indigenous students. Visit the main Student Services website as a jumping off point to explore the rich array of offerings.
Emergencies and Wellness Care
- For emergencies other than those requiring 911 services, please contact: Dean of Students at 514-398-4990
- For counseling, psychiatric services, or campus health services, visit the Student Wellness Hub site
- For students in distress, see the resources within the Dean of Students website
- For 24/7/365 mental health support via remote (current McGill students), consider keepMe.SAFE