Meditation and Prayer Space
A quiet room in our drop-in centre provides a non-denominational prayer and meditation space available during our opening hours. Its resources include:
- A guided-meditation CD collection and listening station (bring earphones)
- A light therapy station (first-come, first-serve basis) - Read instructions on how to use these lamps.
- Meditation cushions and ambient lighting to aid with focus and relaxation
- Soft carpet for kneeling
- Zazen-style meditation benches
- Chair-height bench and space for wheelchair users
- Inspirational quotes and reflections to guide meditation
- A short guide to meditation in a variety of traditions
- Colouring materials and "make your own mantra" supplies
All are welcome, whether you are experienced in the practice of prayer and meditation, or just looking to try it out! No appointment necessary, and no time limit on your practice. We also offer classes and group meditation programs, which you can check out on our weekly meditation page.