MORSL offers ongoing and ad-hoc employment opportunities for McGill students throughout the year.
Current openings: MORSL Office Assistant B
*** McGill students can consult the full details on the McGill myFuture website, upon login ***
The role of the MORSL office assistant is to support the Director in successfully administering student-centred events. As one of MORSL’s student employees, the incumbent also serves as a peer ambassador for MORSL to the student population.
Reporting to the Director, the duties of the Office Assistant are:
Assists with administrative tasks related to office operations, events and activities; assists with registration, sign-in and attendance reporting for events; assists with logistics events as needed; assists with publicity campaigns to draw participation in events; must be available for day, evening and weekend work as per special event calendar; performs other duties as required including frontline reception.
- Office software suite and mainstream social media applications
- Planning and organizational skills
- Communication skills, both written and oral including listening skills
- Understanding of promotional strategies and ideas
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Familiar with Zoom and remote teaching/service delivery
- Student-centered, service-oriented ethos
- Open-minded and curious
- Sensitivity to issues surrounding spirituality and interfaith dialogue
- Willingness to learn and grow
Key Conditions of Employment:
-October 25 – December 31, 2021 (exact start and end dates to be determined upon selecting successful candidate)
-Approx. 15 hours a week
-Hours of work to fall within MORSL opening hours (10am-4pm)
-Exact work schedule to be determined in consideration of candidate’s academic commitments
-Occasional evening shifts for events (online and in person)
Deadline to apply: October 18th, 2021. Submit CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the position, in Word or PDF format via email to carlene.gardner [at] mcgill.ca (subject: MORSL%20Office%20Assistant%20B, body: %5BCV%20and%20Cover%20letter%5D) (Carlene Gardner)