Counseling Service offers workshops on mindfulness which you can register for online: Mindfulness & Academic Success and Mindfulness Based Stress Management. Additionally, they offer Sitting Meditations on a drop-in basis.
MORSL hosts a variety of events and services related to mindfulness, including:
- Weekly Zen meditations at Birks Chapel.
- MORSL also offers a quiet space for free-style meditation including floor pillows, guided relaxation CD’s, and mandalas to colour as well as various meditation prompts for beginners.
- Mondays at MORSL is a weekly event focused on spiritual wellness and religious literacy that often includes a mindfulness component.
- A Quaker-style meditation where students are invited to explore gently guided group silence, in the Quaker tradition.
- And a drop-in ashtanga yoga.
Meditation @ Thompson House is a student iniative that offers weekly meditation for graduate students and postdocs.
McGill Programs in Whole Person Care
McGill Programs in Whole Person care strives to intergrate spiritual/exestential domains with health care. They providea range of mindfulness services and trainings including:
- Programs to help individuals with chronic illness
- Programs for helping health care professionals manage their stress
- Dr. Patricia Dobkin has published Mindful Medical Practice which introduces mindful medical practice and shows how it enhances communication, empathy and the therapeutic relationship with patients
- Dr. Tom Hutchinson has published Whole-person care: Transforming Healthcare, which includes a chapter devoted to Mindful Medical Practice. A review of the book can also be found here