Incoming students for Fall 2021:
Welcome to the Department of Microbiology & Immunology
Departmental Q & A Session for CEGEP students:
Thurs., June 3, 1:00 - 2:00 pm - Zoom link
Departmental Q & A Session for U0/U1 students:
Thurs., June 10, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Zoom link
Registration and Program Information:
- Start by carefully reviewing 1) the New Student information on the Faculty of Science website, 2) the registration information on the Accepted students page, and 3) the First Year website.
- Next, review the program-specific information on our website. Most U1 students will follow the suggested registration plans found on the bottom of this page and on the MIMM program pages.
- Students with course exemptions from required program courses (i.e. CHEM 212, MATH 203, etc.) can choose to take a different program course in that space in the suggested program plans or take an elective/Minor program course.
- U0 students who are interested in choosing MIMM as their program in U1 and U1 students who must complete Science Freshman Program requirements during their first year at McGill will want to take note of the program-specific information found on the SOUSA website when choosing their courses.
- If you have questions about your advanced standing/courses exemptions, program selection options or general degree-planning, you can contact a Science advisor at SOUSA now at: newstudentadvising.science [at] mcgill.ca. All BSc students will be assigned a specific Science advisor by the end of June and you'll be able to find their name on the top left of your Unofficial Transcript in Minerva.
- Read over our Registration page for information on how to navigate the registration process in Minerva.
- If you still have questions about your MIMM program requirements for U1 after reviewing the information above, you can contact the carmen.paezmendoza [at] mcgill.ca (Carmen Aimee).
- Information for students thinking about applying to medical school after their BSc degree.
- Do your best to put together your schedule for both the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 semesters using the information at the links above and register for as many classes as you can in both semesters when registration opens for you in June (registration dates can be found here).
- You can make changes to your registration up until the Add/Drop deadline in each semester (Sept. 14 for Fall 2021 and Jan. 18 for Winter 2022), so there is plenty of time to adjust your courses as needed over the summer and once you've had a chance to contact your Science advisor at SOUSA/program advisor and attend an online Orientation session.
- If you would like to book an advising session with Carmen Paez, Student Affairs Officer, click here.
Here is what your class schedule might look like as a U1:
|MIMM 211 – Biology of Microorganisms||3||MIMM 214 – Introduction to Immunology||3|
|MIMM 212 – Laboratory in Microbiology||3||BIOL 202 - Basic Genetics||3|
|BIOL 200 – Molecular Biology||3||CHEM 222 – Introduction to Organic Chemistry 2||4|
|CHEM 212 – Introduction to Organic Chemistry 1||4||
BIOL 201 - Cell Biology & Metabolism OR
BIOC 212 - Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Function
|Elective OR Complementary course||3||Elective OR Complementary course||3|
For updated information from the University on planning for the Fall 2021 semester, check out the FAQs on the Coronavirus website here.
The full video from the Town Hall on Fall Planning 2021 can be found here.