In honour of World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (November 18-24 2020), the AMR Centre at McGill University and MIMM invited McGill undergraduate students to create a short video highlighting the causes and threat of AMR, and the actions citizens can take to tackle this problem. The video should inform and sensitize citizens about the dangers of AMR and inspire them to help curb this global threat. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the guidelines.
A total of 9 videos participated in the AMR Video competition.
The winners of the competition:
Second place: The Dangers of Antibiotic Resistance by Alice Luo
Congratulations to everyone who participated, your creativity shined through your videos!
Video 1: Antimicrobial Resistance Awareness by Yogmani Allock
Video 2: The Dangers of Antibiotic Resistance by Alice Luo
Video 3: The Story of Antimicrobial Resistance by Arusha Fleming
Video 4: Let's (Tik)Tok About AMR! by Claire Hunter and Wimmy Miller
Video 5: AMR Awareness by Elizabeth Hua
Video 6: Antibiotic Resistance - Digital Story by Megan Raymundo, Wenhuan Zhu, Yajie Hu, Nivedita Jhurreea and Sirui Shan
Video 7: AMR (Antimicrobial resistance) Awareness video from One-Person crew by Xinyu Yan
Video 8: AMR by Anikait Panikker, Leen Bazzi, Bridget O’Brien, Sina Siahkouhian and Keramot Ali.
Video 9: AMR Awareness by Nina Seuntjens and Peter Her
Video Competition Guidelines:
- 3-5 minutes long
- Individual or group submissions
- Use language and concepts that can be understood by the average citizen.
- Registration is required (as soon as possible) by filling out this online form.
- Please submit your videos by November 4th by uploading them to Youtube and sending the link to office.microimm [at] mcgill.ca. If it is not possible to upload the video to Youtube, please send the video directly to office.microimm [at] mcgill.ca via https://wetransfer.com/.
- All submitted videos will be posted on this MIMM AMR Video competition webpage on Nov 6th 2020 where they can be viewed by the public.
- Student voting: Students will have the opportunity to vote on their favourite video between Nov 6th to Nov 16th 2020. An AMR panel will also vote for best video.
- Best videos: Winners of the student votes and AMR panel vote will be announced, and their videos disseminated during the Antimicrobial Week (November 18th-24th).
- For questions: please contact Eszter Farkas at eszter.farkas [at] mail.mcgill.ca.