The Department of Microbiology and Immunology offers TA positions opportunities on a term basis. Teaching Assistant positions at McGill are unionized and available to graduate students only. For more information about the TA union visit the AGSEM website.
The fixed hourly rate is $29.33. In addition, a 4% vacation indemnity will be added to your hourly rate.
Available Positions and Application Guidelines
In order to be considered for Teaching Assistantship, please ensure the following steps are completed entirely and on time.
- Refer to the Available TA Positions for Winter 2021 in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology
- Apply by clicking on the direct link(s) associated with the course(s) you wish to be considered for. To help you navigate the application page, you may refer to the Guide for External Candidates. Important: Please make sure to use a personal email address (and NOT a @mail.mcgill.ca or @mcgill.ca email address) to apply.
- Click on and complete the Teaching Assistant Application Form
Available Positions in the MIMM Department.
- May 30 for Fall and Full Year courses.
- November 2 for Winter courses.
The positions are posted for a period of 30 days. For available TA positions please consult this page.
Offers of employment will be given within 30 days of the close of the application period.
Dates for the supplementary postings for each term will be announced on this page.
According to the new regulations every course coordinator must meet with his/her TAs and discuss the workload as well as detailed functions that the student will be performing during his/her appointment. The workload form should be signed by the instructor and the student before the end of the add/drop period. All later changes made to the agreement between the course instructor and the student should be included in the revised workload form and resubmitted. The student and the instructor should keep one copy each; one copy will be filed in the student employee record and another will be sent to Human Resources.
Documents and Forms
- AGSEM Collective Agreement 2017-2018
- TA Workload form
- Union Membership Form
- Invigilator Application Form
For more information contact:
carmen.paezmendoza [at] mcgill.ca (Carmen Aimee Paez)
Student Affairs Officer | Department of Microbiology & Immunology
Room 511, Lyman Duff Medical Building
aec2-hradmin.med [at] mcgill.ca (Ruotong Wang)
Human Resources Administrator | AEC#2, Faculty of Medicine