Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) is launching Graduate Mobility Awards to encourage graduate students to study and conduct research outside of Canada as part of their McGill degree program. Students will be awarded a Graduate Mobility Award based on nomination by the academic unit/department and Faculty of Medicine nomination.
-Enrolled in a graduate degree program in faculty of Medicine at McGill and Registered as a full-time thesis student at the time of travel
-Have completed one full-time term at the time of application
-Be in good academic standing (students must have held an advisory/supervisory committee meeting within 10 months of the departure date)
-Travel must take place between October 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020
-Participate in one or more of the following mobility activities:
- Research stay at a laboratory outside Canada
- Field work outside Canada
- Participation in a formal bilateral exchange/research partnership abroad
-Funds are NOT to be used for conferences
Amendments in Eligibility as of April 1, 2019
In order to be eligible for the Graduate Mobility Awards, students:
- May travel for up to 2 terms (period may not exceed 8 months);
- Cannot undertake a research project in a country where they hold citizenship (unless they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada);
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree.
- Conference travel is NOT eligible.
- Students must be registered full-time in a thesis program at the time of travel.
Amendments in Value of Award as of April 1, 2019
How to Apply:
- Be nominated for a Graduate Mobility Award by his/her unit/department
- Complete the Graduate Mobility Award Application Form, including signatures Application form: 0-_new_gma_application_form_1920.pdf
- For the Faculty nomination and signature, submit your application form to Nishat Shabnam using the 'Submit" button below:
- Your application will be reviewed and signed by the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and returned to you by email.
- To submit to GPS, follow the instructions on “How to Apply” on the GPS website:https://mcgill.ca/gps/funding/students-postdocs/studyresearch-abroad/grad-mobility-award
Application process reminder
- Once the Academic Unit and Faculty have approved the application, the fully signed form and supporting documents must be submitted to GPS through our webform.
Reporting process reminders
- Changes in travel plans, including dates of travel, must be reported immediately to the Academic Unit and GPS. Students who fail to complete this step may see their award withdrawn.
- Mobility Award recipients are required to complete a short survey and provide proof of travel (e.g. boarding pass) within one month of return. Students who fail to complete this step will see their award withdrawn.
Please contact gradstudies.med [at] mcgill.ca (Nishat Shabnam) if you have any further questions reagarding this program.