Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) is launching Graduate Mobility Awards to encourage graduate students to study and conduct research outside of Canada as part of their McGill degree program. Students will be awarded a Graduate Mobility Award based on nomination by the academic unit/department and Faculty of Medicine nomination.
-Enrolled in a graduate degree program in faculty of Medicine at McGill and Registered as a full-time thesis student at the time of travel
-Have completed one full-time term at the time of application
-Be in good academic standing (students must have held an advisory/supervisory committee meeting within 10 months of the departure date)
-Travel must take place between October 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019
-Participate in one or more of the following mobility activities:
- Research stay at a laboratory outside Canada
- Field work outside Canada
- Participation in a formal bilateral exchange/research partnership abroad
-Funds are NOT to be used for conferences
Amendments in Eligibility as of April 1, 2019
In order to be eligible for the Graduate Mobility Awards, students:
- May travel for up to 2 terms (period may not exceed 8 months);
- Cannot undertake a research project in a country where they hold citizenship (unless they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada);
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution where they have previously completed a degree.
Amendments in Value of Award as of April 1, 2019
Going forward, the amount of funding provided by the Graduate Mobility Award must be between $750 and $1,500 per month. The amount of funding for travel of duration shorter than a month will be prorated accordingly.
How to Apply:
- Be nominated for a Graduate Mobility Award by his/her unit/department
- Complete the Graduate Mobility Award Application Form, including signatures Application form: graduatemobilityaward_applicationform_2-1.pdf
- For the Faculty nomination and signature, submit your application form to Nishat Shabnam using the 'Submit" button below:
- Your application will be reviewed and signed by the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and returned to you by email.
- To submit to GPS, follow the instructions on “How to Apply” on the GPS website:https://mcgill.ca/gps/funding/students-postdocs/studyresearch-abroad/grad-mobility-award
Please contact gradstudies.med [at] mcgill.ca (Nishat Shabnam) if you have any further questions reagarding this program.