Useful websites to consult for guidance
McGill – for information on: funding sources, policies and procedures, deadlines, compliance.
Hospital Research Institutes:
Other important sites
- Office of Sponsored Research (Technology Transfer and Commercialization) For confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, contracts with industry and more. Learn more about what constitutes correct authorship on publications.
- McGill Statistical Consulting Service - very reasonable rates!
- Animal Studies
- Human Studies
- McGill Association for University Teachers (MAUT) - a place to go for advice on academic freedom issues; they periodically run workshops for faculty in a number of areas i.e. pension and more.
Contact Databases: Researchers and/or Industry
Resources on lab management (outside resources)
- CIHR - Advice on Applying for a Grant, Writing Papers, Setting up a Research Team and Managing Your Time
- Office of the Vice-Principal (Research and Innovations)
- McGill Administrative Handbook
- International research: for information about procedures and support from McGill
- Libraries: Research Data Services
- Research listserv: Please email riac.med [at] mcgill.ca to be added.
- Institutional Review Board