CFI IOF Reserve Fund – Faculty of Medicine
Call for Proposals
Deadline for Applications: TBA
Objectives of the Funding
Over the past several years, the University has held in reserve a small proportion of Infrastructure Operating Funds received in association with major CFI grants held at McGill. These funds are now being released to Faculties to support the maintenance and operations of major CFI-funded facilities. Within the Faculty of Medicine, we are targeting campus-based core facilities and shared platforms that benefit large numbers of users. Priority will be given to those applications that align with the strategic research priorities of the Faculty . Applications must demonstrate the need for the operating/maintenance funding, the value of the facility, usage, and impact, and should present the sustainability strategy beyond the 3 year time horizon of the current funding.
- faculty members holding a primary appointment in one of the departments or schools within the Faculty of Medicine and whose facilities are based ON CAMPUS are eligible to apply
- the facility or resource targeted must have been purchased through CFI funding (Innovation Fund, Leading Edge Fund, Leaders Opportunity Fund during the period 2001-2013)
Use of Funds/Eligible Expenses
Funding requests must focus on operating or maintenance costs; NO UPGRADES OR REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT WILL BE FUNDED. Eligible expenses include:
1. salaries of HQP directly involved in operation and maintenance of CFI-funded infrastructure
2. extended warranties and service contracts not included in original CFI budget
3. maintenance and repairs (excluding upgrades and replacements)
4. supplies and consumables related to operation and maintenance of CFI-funded infrastructure
Direct costs of research, student stipends, clerical support salaries are INELIGIBLE.
Amount and period of funding
The total amount of funding available for the current competition will be in units of $25,000/year, and will be based on the justified needs of the core facility. Funds will be committed for a 3-year period. Budget requests must carefully justify the needs (see application form for details).
Successful applicants will be required to submit an annual report detailing how the funds were utilized and the benefits accrued to the users.
To apply for funding or submit an annual report, click on annual report/application.
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be uploaded to UReview.