On World Teachers' Day, October 5, 2020, the Faculty Development Office is pleased to launch the Faculty Development Certificate Program. The goal of this program is to encourage new and current faculty members to engage in Faculty Development as part of their overall professional development in support of their various academic roles. Having this certificate program further emphasizes the value that the Faculty places on excellence in teachers and teaching, in lifelong-learning and in the importance of creating a mutually supportive environment for faculty members.
There are three levels of Certificate that can be earned by fulfilling the below criteria:
LEVEL 1: Participation in the Faculty Development “Your Teaching Journey” series.
- Completion of a minimum of 5/7 modules, including the modules on Feedback and the Learning Environment OR having completed the "Your Teaching Journey" 2 day workshop in previous years OR equivalent individual workshops.
LEVEL 2: In addition to having completed Level 1:
- completion of another 5 Faculty Development activities over 5 years or less
- participation in a Peer Coaching activity
LEVEL 3: In addition to having completed Level 2:
- completion of the Train the Trainer Faculty Development workshop
- provision of 2 faculty development activities in the participant’s own setting (1 with feedback from the Faculty Development Team and 1 independently)
- ongoing involvement in Peer Coach activities
Faculty members are encouraged to highlight and discuss achievements related to this Certificate Program, and to Faculty Development in general, as part of their annual performance dialogues as well as part of their teaching dossier for promotions